Rose water is obtained by distilling rose petals, resulting in an excellent natural cosmetic for the skin. One of the benefits of rose water is its ability to prevent the early appearance of fine lines. It also promotes healing and improves the appearance of acne scars and marks, redness and open pores. (See ref. 1)
Rose water is very beneficial to use in cosmetics for its therapeutic and dermatological properties. Helps balance the pH of the skin, hydrate and soothe redness of the skin, tones and softens the epidermis. (see ref. 1)
The Rose Water
Rose water is also of high value in the food industry and some special foods are prepared with this product. (See ref. 2). At the present time, this plant is cultivated in Iran (especially in Kashan) for preparing rose water and essential oil. Because of the low oil content in R. damascena and the lack of natural and synthetic substitutes, essential rose oil of this plant is one of the most expensive ones in the world markets. Some evidences indicate that the origin of rose water is Iran, but the origin of its fragrant oil and extracts is Greece. (See ref. 2).
How to prepare the Rose Water for skin?
To prepare the Rose Water you will need:
- 5 Rose flowers.
- 500 ml of potable water.
- Extract the petals of the 5 roses.
- Place the water and rose petals in a cooking pot.
- Put the cooking pot with the water and the rose petals on the fire until it boils
- Lower the heat to a minimum and let it boil until the color of the petals fades and the water begins to color slightly, this will happen when at least 10-15 minutes have passed.
- Let cool and using a strainer extract the rose water.
- Preserve in a glass container preferably and store in the refrigerator (it can last from 15 to 20 days).
- You can use the rose water the next day.
Where and How to use the Rose Water?
Treatment to beautify your face with rose water Add rose water to your beauty routine.
- To Beautify the face you just have to spray it on your face with a clean skin.
- To Remove makeup, it is recommended to apply it to the face and let the skin absorb it. You can see the difference in a matter of seconds, then remove the makeup.
- Before putting on makeup, you can also wash your face with rose water to have a fresher face.
- For body use, apply it after showering, as the pores are open and will absorb it better, then with a cloth remove the excess rose water.