In nature we can find numerous miraculous medicinal plants with properties and health benefits, as well as properties in our most succulent food dishes, this time we will talk about 9 plants known as: Basil, Chives, Coriander, peppermint, Laurel, Oregano, Parsley, Rosemary and Thyme, all of them can be found in popular markets.
These plants are aromatic and their dried or dehydrated leaves are used both to season stews and to enhance the various aromas of culinary dishes, whether raw or cooked, also adding miraculous medicinal properties for health.
Here is a list of the 9 miraculous medicinal plants and their healthy uses that you could buy in the supermarket and prepare many delicious dishes:
The Basil plant has anti-inflammatory and diuretic properties , as well antioxidant  and antimicrobial activity , this plant is used as flavoring and preservative due to its antimicrobial properties, it can be uses in many dishes such as:
- Sopas: Sopas de pescados y de tomate.
- Salsas: Salsas de tomate, de hierbas y salsas de asados.
- Ensaladas: Ensaladas de tomate y ensaladas de pepino.
- Huevos: Huevos revueltos, tortilla de queso.
- Pescados: Pescado frito, hervido y cocktail de langosta.
- Scrambled egg omelettes and chives.
- Tuna salad with tomato and chives.
- Spaghetti with cheese and chives.
- Rice with mushrooms and chives.
- Pizza with ricotta, ham and chive pesto.
- Sauteed meat, mushrooms and chives.
- Chicken and chives strips.
- Butter chive dressing.
- Organic Quinoa and Chives.
- smoked salmon, basil and chives.
- Cottage cheese with chives and mustard.
The coriander plant contains bioactive phytochemicals that are accounted for a wide range of biological activities, (Its major compound is linalool) including antioxidant, anticancer, neuroprotective, anxiolytic, anticonvulsant, analgesic, migraine-relieving, hypolipidemic, hypoglycemic, hypotensive, antimicrobial, and anti-inflammatory activities. the potent antioxidant property of the Coriander provides a key mechanism behind its protective effects against neurodegenerative diseases, cancer, and metabolic syndrome . This plant can be used in dishes such as:
- Spaghetti with coriander.
- Rice with coriander.
- Avocado mayonnaise with coriander.
- Cilantro cream with panela cheese.
- Salmon in coriander sauce.
- Chicken with lemon sauce, cilantro
- Onion, ginger and coriander omelette.
- Couscous with shrimp, mango and coriander pesto.
- Corn gnocchi with chicken and cilantro.
- Salmon with broccoli and almond cream.
- Chicken stew with tangerines and coriander.
The Peppermint plant, in studies , has been shown to improve cognitive performance in healthy adults and reduce mental fatigue associated with demanding cognitive tasks, studies have shown that its consumption is effective and safe to treat pain and general symptoms of Irritable Bowel Symptom disorder .
- Peppermint tea.
- Orange Juice with Peppermint Leaves.
- Cold Spaghetti salad with chicken, lime dressing and good.
- Lamb with peppermint sauce.
- Lentil salad with mint.
- A refreshing mojito.
- Peppermint Brownies.
- Peppermint Kisses.
- Chocolate Peppermint Cookies.
The Bay (Laurel) plant is very helpful, it has antibacterial and antifungal properties, studies showed that this plant regulate the cholesterol by decreasing the bad one and increasing the good one, reducing the risk of cardiovascular disease, as well it is an effective preservant for meals . We can use de Laurel in many ways, such as:
- Laurel tea or Bay leaves tea.
- Stewed chicken with potatoes seasoned with bay leaves.
- Bolognese sauce for pasta with dehydrated bay leaves.
- Chicken broth with bay leaf.
- Green rice with fresh bay leaves.
- Beef in bay sauce.
- Tomato soup with bay leaves.
- Pork ribs with purple garlic and bay leaf.
- Steak in sauce with bay leaf.
The Oregano plant is widely recognized for their antimicrobial activity, as well as their antiviral and antifungal properties. Nevertheless, recent investigations have demonstrated that these compounds are also potent antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antidiabetic and cancer suppressor agents . This plant retards the process of decomposition in fatty foods (food preservative) .
- Margarita pizza or any other type, with oregano leaves.
- Oregano pesto sauce.
- Oregano tea.
- Oregano sauce.
- Oregano oil.
- Spaghetti with oregano.
- Stewed lentils with oregano.
- Tomatoes and potatoes au gratin with fresh oregano.
- Chicken thighs with oregano.
- Salad with oregano and mustard dressing.
- Cheese sticks with oregano.
- Chicken breasts and aubergines with oregano.
The parsley plant has antihypertensive properties , as well antimicrobial, antioxidant properties , it is effective in reducing stress-induced gastric injury . There are investigations  that affirm that this plant has properties such as: antianemic, menorrhagic, anticoagulant, antihyperlipidemic, antihepatotoxic, diuretic effects, hypoglycaemic, hypouricemic and estrogenic activities. Several delicious dishes we can use parsley:
- Tomato salad with parsley vinaigrette.
- Steamed potato with parsley.
- Garlic sauce with parsley.
- Eggplants with tomato and parsley.
- Noodles with parsley sauce.
- Shrimp with parsley and lemon.
- Risotto in parsley sauce.
- Fish in parsley sauce.
- Rice with coriander and parsley.
- Spaghetti with garlic and parsley.
- Parsley tea.
The Rosemary plant has many properties: hepatoprotective (liver protector) , food preservative, antimicrobial and antioxidant , The Rosemary plant is constituted by bioactive molecules, responsible for implement several pharmacological activities, such as anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antimicrobial, antiproliferative, antitumor  and protective, inhibitory and attenuating activities , anti-diabetic . The Rosemary can be consumed in dishes and meals such as:
- Chicken with lemon and rosemary.
- Rosemary roast chicken with roasted potatoes.
- Spaghetti with rosemary.
- Oil with rosemary.
- Chicken wings with thyme and rosemary.
- Beef medallions with rosemary.
- Chicken croquettes with rosemary.
- White beans with rosemary.
- Rosemary mashed potatoes.
- Baked potatoes with rosemary and garlic.
- Rosemary tea.
The Thyme plant has antimicrobial properties . Thyme oil at different concentrations can be used as an effective antibiofilm or germicidal agent to control Enterococcus faecalis biofilms (commensal bacterium inhabiting the gastrointestinal tracts of humans) . Antibacterial tests indicated that the Thyme exhibited prolonged antibacterial activity against two model food pathogens: Escherichia coli and Staphylococcus aureus both responsibles for two main causes of HAIs (infections people get while they´re receiving health care for another condition) and bacteremia (presence of bacteria in the bloodstream) . The Thyme can be added in dishes and meals such as:
- Thyme tea.
- Roasted potatoes with thyme.
- Beef medallions with thyme.
- Chicken wings with thyme and rosemary.
- Honey chicken with thyme and rosemary.
- Artichokes in thyme and cheese sauce.
- Thyme and honey vinaigrette.
- Grilled octopus with thyme.
- Vegetable soups with thyme.
- Beef ribs with rosemary and thyme.
- Iced tea with lemon and thyme.