Coconut oil is a vegetable oil, also known as coconut butter. It is a fatty substance that contains about 90% of saturated acids extracted by pressing the pulp of coconuts (Cocos nucifera). It has several uses as food or in cosmetics. It is slow to oxidize and therefore resistant to deterioration, with a duration of up to six months at 24 ° C without deteriorating (see Ref. N ° 1)
The amount of 100 grams of coconut oil contains, among others, 0.11 milligrams of vitamin E and 91.1 grams of lipids (see Ref. N ° 2), vitamin E and as well as natural lipids are ingredients that are essential in skin treatments dry and sensitive
The Coconut Oil
People in the tropics have effectively used coconut oil as a raditional moisturizer for centuries. Recently, the oil has also been shown to have skin antiseptic effects. A moisturizer with antiseptic effects has value, but there are no clinical studies to document the efficacy and safety of coconut oil as a skin moisturizer Studies conducted (see Ref. N ° 3).
34 patients with dry skin problems were taken, coconut oil was applied 2 times a day for two weeks and another group was applied mineral oil, resulting in that Coconut oil is as effective and safe as mineral oil when used as a moisturizer.
Skin uses of Coconut Oil
- It is totally natural
- Has antibacterial and antifungal properties
- Acts as a moisturizer
- Has the ability to penetrate effectively to cure skin and hair diseases
- Provides greater elasticity to tissues
- Helps in the regeneration process Regulates acne, because it has many of the natural proteins that our body needs.
How to use the Coconut Oil?
- Extra Virgin Coconut Oil.
- Apply a generous amount of coconut oil on the skin, let it dry, additionally massage gently for approximately 3-5 minutes.
- Optional: Let the oil sit on the skin for 10-20 minutes.
- Soak a cloth in lukewarm water (essentially in warm temperature) and extract the careful oil.
- The cleansing is so extreme that your skin will probably feel contractions, then take advantage of the same oil and apply a small amount to restore the elasticity of the skin.